Monday, July 6, 2009

Recovering after July 4th











Well, we are getting into the swing of things around here. We had a great time on July 4th at the firework display at Festival Park in High Point, NC. The girls loved the fireworks and staying up late :-)! I will post some photos on here... Erik and I worked on the house on Sunday finishing unloading boxes in his closet and hanging a new ceiling light in our bedroom since our bed (canopy) was too high for the ceiling fan. We had already moved it to Sophia's room so, no extra work there! I continued to organize - wow, what a job!!! I am making a list of drawer organizers that I need to purchase for around the house - it is growing quickly!!! Today Sophia and I started working on the basement - we can't do much at the moment because we are waiting on the weatherproof guys to come on Wednesday to install a sump pump in the basement as a precaution - better to be safe than sorry so - the unpacking of the basement has been halted for a week or two. So, we just filled in the bookshelves and when Erik got home - he and I organized all of the boxes since the movers pretty much just put them in the basement in no particular order as to bar, scrapbooking, toys, bathroom, etc.!

I am going to post pictures on here of the house (many of you have asked me to) but I am waiting until the rooms are complete - I would like to hang pictures, etc. I also had an interior designer come last week to help me with the layout of some of the rooms and help with decorating them - I am very excited about the possibilities!!! Can't wait to hear from her this week! Also, my mom and sister are coming on Thursday and I am looking forward to their visit!!! Can you say FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!

Enjoy your evening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment