Saturday, June 27, 2009

Getting Ready for Move In Day

Today is Saturday and Erik and I are hard at work! The girls are at their grandparent's home in Wilson, NC for the week - aren't Grandparents great!!!!! :-) And Erik and I are working hard to get the house ready for move in day!
Let's see, where do we begin... Bright and early this morning we removed the chandeliers that were in the dining room and replaced them with the ones from the den - now I need to find something to put in the den :-) of course! I also decided that I wanted to paint the inside of my cabinets another color because they all have lead glass in the front of them so you can see through and the pepto bismol pink just wasn't cutting it for me... So, I started kilzing all of the shelves from the cabinets this morning and have kilz'd all of the inside of the cabinets as well as painted the insides of all of the cabinets and almost have finished painting all of the shelves a beautiful blue/gray which matches the gray backsplash perfectly :-)! I am feeling like I am on HGTV - but one of the shows where the owners do all of the work unfortunately!!!! Erik and I then taped Cooper's room after removing a built-in shelving unit - hard work!!!! and Erik and his sister, Deby, came over to help and they put the first coat of kilz on it. erik is now putitng the second coat on while I am hard at work writing on this blog... ah...
So, until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment